Sunday, January 1, 2012

I'm thinking about visiting Japan when I get done with school


I'm thinking about visiting Japan when I get done with school?
I heard it's beautiful over there. I'm still in high school now and I'm going to college, so it's still a long way away from now. But is there anything particular I should know about their culture before I go? I don't want to seem like a total idiot when I go there, and not know anything about them. So enlighten me.
Japan - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Unless you're Japanese it won't matter much. As a society, they tend to be very racist and xenophobic. Most will probably be polite to you, but that's about it. Even people that have lived there for years will still be treated as though they're just tourists if they aren't Japanese. I'd suggest you just learn their greeting customs, and if you don't speak Japanese, some basic phrases that you can see yourself needing. And no, I don't hate the Japanese. This is just the way it is. The United Nations even did a study on Japanese xenophobia. "In 2005, a United Nations special rapporteur on racism and xenophobia expressed concerns about "deep and profound" racism in Japan and insufficient government recognition of the problem.
2 :
Visiting a country means that you want to see the country and know about it , going to a country you know about , will take away the fun and adventure of it.
Read more discussion :