Friday, November 16, 2012

College help, can i get into an Ivy League school


College help, can i get into an Ivy League school?
I'm 16 and in my 3rd year of high school. Even though im aiming to go to college in England (i live in turkey) I want to apply to some schools in USA. I have a GPA around 80 out of an 100 and i got 105 on toefl. I write for the school newspaper and the local newspaper in English. Also i attended two MUN conferences last year. I'm a member of Interact club. I used to be in a synchronized ice skating team don't really know whether this would be important when applying to college but whatever. I'm taking english honors and next year will take AP English. Also right now I'm taking AP world history and next year i will take AP studio art. I will also enter the exam of AP Japanese language and culture. I opened one art exhibit in my school and i will open another one next year. I had an internship in local TV show and I will go to a summer language course in Japan. So the important question is that if I get higher than 2200 on SAT will I be able to get into an Ivy League college like Yale or Brown? If not than what else can i do. I'm working to get a higher GPA already.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A GPA of 80 out of a 100 won't get you into an Ivy League school, no matter how good your SAT scores are, but you should be able to get into plenty of other American universities.
2 :
It sounds like you have a lot of good activities and internships which Ivy League schools are looking for. In fact, your B grades GPA do hurt a lot of your admission chance. But it will not limited your chance of getting in because of your excellent activities and internships. If you are able to achieve all your AP in 5 grades, you will have a better chance to get into one of the Ivy schools. Also, as you mentioned, if you are able to achieve 2200 in your SAT, it sounds good to many Ivy League schools. But again, this is just my personal opinion. Good ahead and try!! Hope everything is being fine!!
Read more discussion :