Saturday, November 24, 2012

Can you suggest a city in Japan for my school project


Can you suggest a city in Japan for my school project?
Okay, so the title of the school project(actually, I have to make a research and a folio of it, not a project) is "(The name of a city in Japan)'s Transportation System". So, would you suggest me a city that is suitable for me to do a research on it? I don't want the famous ones like Tokyo, Hokkaido or Kyoto, maybe a not-so-well-known but still have a transportation system(whether land, sea or river). For example, maybe a city which uses rivers as a mode of transportation like Menam Chao Phraya in Japan? Thanks for all your efforts. I really appreciate them! No, what I said about the river thingy is JUST AN EXAMPLE. I accept any kinds of transportation system. Maybe roads system, highways, railways..anything! Oops! i meant menam chao phraya in thailand
Japan - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think there is any city in Japan which suits your concept. All Japanese cities have sophisticated train networks. So they do not need to have river transportation. Addition: You can take Sendai in northern Japan. http://www.kotsu.city.sendai.jp/e/index.htm In this case, too, the main transportation is train and subway. And roads are also used for transportation of goods and people.
2 :
Check Nagano. It is where winter olympics '98 were. It is not so big city but it's still considered as city and i'm pretty sure there are some transportations. You can use anything as the transportation right? Such as highways, trains.
3 :
I'm also doing the question too. My choic is the Toyota City. The tomei Highway linked to it. I think you no need to detailed it but just compare which is better. I hope you are not the same scjool with me.
4 :
Menam Chao Phraya is Thai or Malaysian I think, judging from the spelling.. but its certainly not Japanese. Try some place like Nagasaki. Its famous yes, but not as much as Tokyo or Osaka, and its one of the most important ports in Japan. Or look for smaller towns like Kochi, Niigata or Sendai. These are all coastal towns, which should have a fairly rich history of various forms of travel, from maritime to carriages and palanquins. www.jnto.go.jp/eng/map/index.html Good Luck!
5 :
I think you might take some wrong step against your research. Choosing most suitable city of Japan must be judged by yourself alone without any suggestion from outside. Why don't you consider it without any help? That won't be so difficult I think if you are teenager or elder. BTW, Hokkaido is not city name but prefecture name. Japanese domestic transportation is mostly automobilization by standardized road traffic and passenger railway and airfreight everywhere. No water tranportation except international coz it is islands country.
6 :
Osaka is the best. or Okinawa.
7 :
In my opinion, why don't you take Okayama or Kurashiki? They lies closely. 20 years ago, Seto-Ohashi great bridge was built. Before then, people had used ships to come and go between Honshu(Japanese main land) and Shikoku(one of mainland). And then after being built, they became use cars and trains to do so. the Bridge connects Kurashiki(Honshu) and Sakaide(Shikoku). And Okayama is one of the most complicated terminal for its population. At Okayama station, they can get on all trains of Shinkansen line, Sanyo-Honsen line, Seto-Ohashi line, Uno line, Tsuyama line, Kibi line, Ako line and Hakubi line. And they also can use Okayama-Denkikudo line, one of trams, to go around the city area of Okayama.
8 :
okinawa, kyoto, there are so many. get a map of japan.
Read more discussion :