Saturday, October 16, 2010

Is this enough money to take to Japan


Is this enough money to take to Japan?
I'm going to a school trip to Japan next year in April and I need to take some shopping money (excluding. hotel fees, disney world etc etc, ONLY SHOPPING). I am planning to take $1000NZ dollars which is 48,664 YEN to spend. I'm staying for two weeks. Is this enough, do you think? I only want to buy a few souvenirs (like 2). I looove shopping, will buy nailpolish,clothes,hello kitty stuff, anything that I can't get in New Zealand. But also I am not the type of person who buys everything, it takes me agggesss to decide on buying something that I really want because I think of the money that I have to use, which I earn not-so-easily.
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It should be enough... When I had my exchange for 1 month in Japan, I took about 40,000 YEN and still had enough to spend at the end. However, I'm just a guy. The girls that went with me brought at least 60,000 - 80,000 YEN to spend. It really depends what sort of person you are.
2 :
It really depends on what kind of shopping and how much do you want in Japan. Without specific items and quantity, we can't answer anything usefully. Generally speaking, souveniors are not so cheap in Japan but you may drop in 100Yen shops to look for interesting goods as remembrance and/or practical use. There are not always only goods priced just Yen100 but much higher ones in the shops though. If you have any private plastics, I recommend to bring them just in case of additiional possible purchase. I believe you can make it if your family has standard financial condition.
3 :
NO, definitely. You could survive with that amount for two weeks but hey, this is probable the most expensive country in the world (http://www.aneki.com/expensive.html), and I am sure you will be temptedo buy some new ststuffwwhich will be very expensive even for Japanese.
Read more discussion :