Sunday, October 24, 2010

Is it true that some English teaching schools in Japan will pay for your plane to come teach English


Is it true that some English teaching schools in Japan will pay for your plane to come teach English?
I've heard of a lot of private lessons courses in Japan for teaching English. I'm pretty young, but I really wanna go. After gr.12, I'm going to take a year off before I get into University, and go to Japan, to teach English, and learn more Japanese. But, of course, this is very expensive. However, I hear people who are just a little older than me say 'Yeah, I have a friend who's teaching English in Japan.', and they mention how the company actually paid for their plane to get up there, and a place for them to reside in. I figure after I get there, I can use money that I get from my job to buy food, and pay other expenses. I really, really want to look into this. I think I would do well in Japan. I know a lot of Japanese, which is my favourite hobby. And more than anything, right now, I want to go to Japan. Someone help me out. (I know I posted this before, but I decided to post it in a different category)
Japan - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Never heard of it......................
2 :
Yes. Japan is the highest country to pay university students to teach english. However the downside is the higher costs of living, as well as 6 day work weeks, or 5 day full days (when i say full, i mean FULL)... the high expense prevented me from deciding to go teach at this point of time, i might consier it later on. if you know a lot of japanese it would be good for living. during the classes though, you will be only speaking english, conversing in dialogue with japanese students. edit: let me just add that only some companies will pay for your flight. typically the pay rate may be lower though. if you find the perfect deal, then congratulations! edit 2: if you are a uni student (in which you aren't) you will get paid more. You also get paid extra if you are a qualified ELT teacher (i forgot the exact qualifiction name). good luck!
3 :
I have a couple of friends who tried this, and it had its pros and cons. Although you get paid a lot, the cost of living there is so much higher than you would expect, that you end up coming back with almost no money saved. So, if it's just for the experience, it would probably be good, but if you are planning to pay off university debt with the money you save, you may be out of luck. Check out the organization carefully, and if you know people that have had successful experiences, take their advice on how to do it.
4 :
I have heard of this. From what I hear they pay your plane, and also pay your room and board once you are in the country (just like your friend mentioned). The website I have attached has a lot of info of books that will get you where you want to go... check it out and then see if your library can get them for you!
5 :
I have seen similar ads. You'd do some research online for this. But, please be very careful! Some might be just a hoax. Always check the background for the company with Better Business Bureau. You maybe a bit young for this, but for a tryout, since you want a year off, why not go as an exchange student?
6 :
It is true, but most of these places that hire from overseas needs the applicants to have at least completed university. Most companies do not hire high school students.
7 :
♡Yes, it is true that some companies will pay for your expenses, sponsor your visa and so on when traveling to Japan to work for them. In some cases, you must meet the requirements to teach English in Japan, example having a four year degree. Many people have been quite satisfied working for the JET program. Other popular English schools are NOVA and AEON. You may want to look into those as well. To get all the CORRECT info you'll need, check out the sites I listed for you below. Find the one that's best for you. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you. BTW, learning some Japanese and a little about the Japanese culture would be a good thing before coming too. I've lived here for over 8 years now. ♡
Read more discussion :