Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I convince my mom to let me study in Japan


How do I convince my mom to let me study in Japan?
How do I convince my mom to let me study in Japan? I'd really like to go to Japan next year to study for a semester, or maybe a full year. I already asked my dad and he says that he is okay with it if my mom is. He hasn't told her anything, and I don't think he took it too seriously.. I am a C student, but that's just because I wanted to.. If I want I know I can be an A student, which is what I am trying this year, so I can show them I can be responsible if I want to, and ask them about it near the end of the school year. I've already started investigateing about Japan, exchange programs, schools, etc. I commented with her that their schools have a very similar system to ours (I live in Mexico), and other random facts about Japan. How should I approach her with this? Do you think I should make a folder with all the information about it? Any ideas? If I go, it will be in two years. For my first year of High School. My mom is very skeptical. When she says no, it's no. She won't listen to reasons or anything. That's why I want some help.. I really want this, and they know I've always wanted to life in Japan. Weirdest thing happened. I was talking with my mom on lunch... the topic came up that one of my schoolmates went to Canada for a year and I didn't know about it.. So she said "So why don't you go to Japan?" I was like "What the cruuuud?" I asked her and she said that she was okay with it as long as I was going by myself. Good lord. It isn't definitive yet, but it sure gives me a new view on how to approach her on the subject.
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The worry of most parents whose children want to go overseas to study is of course that their son/daughter is alone in a strange land. Furthermore, if you've only been showing them Cs when they know your capable of As, it will only convince them more that u need the pushing you get at home to study. First step is try and show them you can be independent. Do simple things like wash up after you've eaten, clean the house, cook a meal or two, follow your mom shopping to pick up tips and maybe later even volunteer to do it on your own. Also, show you don't need them to push you in your studies, go for the A you know you can get. This also shows them how serious you are about Japan. Another thing you can do is talk to your teacher to try and help convince your parents. Your teacher has more experiance in such things than all of you, and as an adult their more likely to listen to him/her. You should also find other friends who are going to help assure your parents that you will not be alone and there is someone to help you should things go south. Bring them home from time to time to show how reliable they are. And should all else fail, theres always hypnotism :)
2 :
OMG i'm trying to go to japan also. I was just talking about it with my dad like 3 minutes ago. LOL. i guess im not the only one.
Read more discussion :