Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Where can I go to get an ESL certificate in Tokyo, Japan? Not online, but in a school.


Where can I go to get an ESL certificate in Tokyo, Japan? Not online, but in a school.?
I would like to teach English as a Second Language in Tokyo. I've been searching for a place to earn my ESL certification that is located in Japan. I don't want to take online courses. Any help would be appreciated because I can't seem to find a good website! Specific names of universities, colleges, etc would be good too! Thank you!!
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can take a CELTA course in Tokyo offered through the British council. The CELTA is the most internationally recognized ESL certification and is awarded by Cambridge University. The downside is that it is very expensive 420,000 yen, and it is only offered a couple times a year. http://www.britishcouncil.org/japan-english-teach-course-registration.htm Though, if you have a degree, that is usually all that is required to get a job teaching English in Japan.
Read more discussion :