Thursday, January 8, 2009

If I were to be a exchange student to japan, how would I do my school work


If I were to be a exchange student to japan, how would I do my school work?
I've been dreaming of it for a very long time, to be in japan as a student. Yesterday it hit me, if I don't know much japanese-how can I be a true student if I cannot do the work. I was wondering how they may treat this issue or are you required to be able to understand everything they teach?
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
go to an English immersion school
2 :
Basically - you don't. Most exchange students don't get any credit for their year abroad, simply because they aren't able the classes at all at first, and because even at the end, it's unlikely their grades would be as good as at home in academic classes. No one expects exchangers to understand, and what you are expected to do will vary -- for example, if you take English classes, you'll probably be expected to do the work/help the others (if it's very simple). In Art and P.E., you'll be expected to be like a normal kid, although you will be forgiven for not understanding the instructions. In classes like Biology and History, basically you won't be expected to do a thing at first, although you should make an effort when you can (for example, if you understand the essay topic and understand it in English, you could draw a couple cartoons about it. Like if you were studying WWII, you probbaly couldn't write an essay, but you could manage a simple political cartoon that expresses you understand the topic). My first day of Biology (I'm an exchange student in Germany), we were talking about swine flu... I didn't speak any German, but I turned in a drawing of a sick pig and a farmer running away to show that I at least figured out the topic of the lesson.)