Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How does Japan treat its citizens and residents


How does Japan treat its citizens and residents?
I want to go to Japan as an exchange student, but my mom is a little worried about that, because she has not heard good things about how they treat their citizens. So, how do they treat their citizens, and how many of those laws would apply to an American high school student residing in Japan with a visa?
Japan - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
People are treated terribly like slaves.
2 :
People get treated worse than you can imagine. Like slaves.
3 :
Japan is a democratic country. It has its share of problems like anywhere in the world, but generally people are treated fine and it is a safe country with law crime rate. Perhaps your mom is thinking about some other Asian country. ALL Japanese laws apply to EVERYONE in Japan, including American high school students.
4 :
>because she has not heard good things about how they treat their citizens. I think she must have heard about China, not Japan.
5 :
Japanese people are free to do anything unless that will trouble others.
6 :
I also think your mom is mistaking Japan with the People's Republic of China. Ask your mom "what bad things has she heard?" I guarantee you it probably is about China not Japan. Japan is a democratic country that is allied with the United States.
7 :
Japan is very likely to be the safest place in the world. Be careful at night though or you may have your butt squeezed by a japanese guy! That's about the worst that'll happen to you and even that is rare! Always carry your passport and alien registration card as being a foreign looking you may be asked to show it by the police. The only thing I would consider worry some in Japan is the traffic. As a pedestrian or biker please do be careful with the roads as they are narrow and they aren't spectacular at driving all the time over there.
8 :
Wow, didn't know ppl actually think Japan is still like the one during the World War Two... Or maybe your mom is talking about China? I'm a native Japanese and the government treats me just fine. I don't know how the foreigners feel about my country is treating them. Not good not bad, I guess, for some. Terrible for others. Good for maybe 10%? I don't really know....
Read more discussion :