Sunday, February 1, 2009

Teach yourself math from online resources


Teach yourself math from online resources?
I was wondering if there are any online resources for, say, teach yourself online tutorials (free) on subjects such as 1. Complex Numbers 2. Calculus (Both Differentiation and Integration) 3. Further Trigonometry 4. Permutations and Combinations Basically the topics that get covered in the most advanced mathematics courses in high school, Australia. I'm trying to teach myself 2-3 years advanced(syllabus wise), it's going smoothly so far but they sure do get hard... Advice: If anyone does need math help (i.e. questions) The Dr Math Forum is sure great!
Mathematics - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Have you tried Wikibooks? I'm curious why it needs to be online though -- it seems to me your best bet is just to take out a math textbook at your local public library.
2 :
The online course notes at Lamar university are pretty good - I learned most of what I know about multivariate calculus from them.
Read more discussion :